A startup founded five years ago, which helps contractor MEIs (individual micro-entrepreneur) manage their company: accounting and finances.
Some relevant topics
• Has experience and technological structure to make bulk payments (in the thousands)
• More than 365,000 contractor MEIs were paid by SmartMEi
• Made more than 3.3 million payments in more than 4,700 municipalities across Brazil
• The main customer is Rappi, working for all their contractors, motorcycle couriers, and bikers from all over the country
• Offer companies help with their accounting, invoicing, and taxes (including Federal Income Tax)
Before my arrival, SmartMEi mapped the needs of SMBs (small and medium-sized businesses) and realized that could offer his services for them, cause:
• SMBs usually hire contractors
• An emergence of new businesses (SMBs) with up to 50 employees
• There is a growing movement of hiring contractors in Brazil
SMBs (small and medium-sized businesses)
• Companies with up to 50 employees
• They are producers, design studios, advertising agencies, software houses, consultants, startups, etc.
Contractors (MEI, ME, and EIRELI)
• Has no partners or employees, provides services for one or more companies
• There may be a formal link between the company and the employee, or even a one-off service provision (freelancer)
Given SmartMEi's willingness to expand, which serves MEI, the partners realized that there was value and the potential for business growth to serve contractors with companies classified as ME (Micro company) and EIRELI (Individual Limited Liability Company).
My challenge as a Product Designer
Designing WORK’s digital products (the new company that was born from SmartMEi).