A startup founded five years ago, which helps contractors MEI (individual micro-entrepreneur) manage their company: accounting and finance.
Some relevant topics
• Has experience and technological structure to make bulk payments (in the thousands)
• More than 365,000 contractor MEIs were paid by SmartMEi
• Made more than 3.3 million payments in more than 4,700 municipalities across Brazil
• The main customer is Rappi, working for all their contractors, motorcycle couriers, and bikers from all over the country
Before my arrival, SmartMEi mapped the needs of SMBs (small and medium-sized businesses) and realized that it could offer its services to them, because:
• SMBs usually hire contractors
• The financial and administrative departments have challenges when issuing payments to contractors for services rendered
• Investment and energy are focused on the company's main activities and not on the administrative or financial department’s needs
• An emergence of new businesses (SMBs) with up to 50 employees
• There is a growing movement of hiring contractors in Brazil
SMBs (small and medium-sized businesses)
• Companies with up to 50 employees
• They are producers, design studios, advertising agencies, software houses, consultants, startups, etc.
Contractors (MEI, ME, and EIRELI)
• Contractors have no partners or employees, provide services for one or more companies
• There may be a formal link between the company and the employee, or even a one-off service provision (freelancer)
Given SmartMEi's eagerness to expand, which serves MEI, the partners realized that there was value and the potential for business growth serving contractors with companies classified as ME (Micro company) and EIRELI (Individual Limited Liability Company).
My Challenge as a Product Designer
Designing WORK’s digital products (the new company that was founded by SmartMEi).